Monday, April 2, 2012

Posh tomato

This place is the best pizza shop ever. They have super duper thin crust, in my opinion a whole mini  pie is equal to about 2 regular slices of pizza. My favorite version is the Southern Margarito; it is sprinkled with fresh basil with mozzarella cheese.  The crust is slightly crunchy and tastes different than other pizza crusts (the owner says he adds milk to the batter which makes it taste better). For adults on a diet, the cheese can be left out, and just veggies like peppers, mushrooms, eggplant and onions could be put on top with tomato sauce. I saw a lot of adults eating it that way. For dessert or a snack (which is a huge treat that I do not get too often), I typically order a "chocolatto" .It is soooooooo goooood because it's a pie but does not have sauce or cheese but instead has mini marshmallows, melted chocolate and crumbs sprinkled on top.  They also just started making a dessert pie called "cheesecake", which has a cheescake type sweet cheese on top.  This place has fabulous pizza and feels like a fancy upscale place.  I go there every Sunday. This is located 1701 Ave M between (18th St & 17th St).

1 comment: